Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) can be defined as the nature or quality of air as it affects the health and well-being of building occupants. As per EPA & National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), and others, show indoor pollutant level may be 10 to 100 higher than outdoors.
As per the World Health Organisation, up to one-third of buildings in industrialized countries are unhealthy and not good for inhalation on a daily basis. And the combined consequences of diminished productivity and staff absenteeism could amount to 1% of GNP in industrialised countries. And hence the IAQ is so important.
Let’s see what makes the Indoor air so polluted:
- 1) Dust, Pollen, Skin Particles, Dust mite Faecal Pellets.
- 2) Volatile Organic Compounds - VOCs. Organic chemicals are widely used as ingredients in household products. They are found in plants, varnishes, new carpets and wax as well as many cleaning, disinfecting, cosmetic, degreasing and hobby products.
- 3) Formaldehyde- Formaldehyde is found in most of the building materials and household products.
- 4) Asbestos and Pesticides.
- 5) Common office supplies and equipment.
- 6) Clothing, Furnishings, Draperies, Carpets.
- 7) Human skin, hair, human off gassing etc.
- 8) Cleaning processes sweeping, dusting ,and vacuuming.
- 9) Cooking gas, oil burning, smoking
- 10) From shoes of people walking in to a building.
Most of person's exposure to many air pollutants comes through inhalation of indoor air, both because of the amount of time spent indoors and because of the higher pollution levels indoors. EPSCO Envirotech helps you clean the indoor air and provides an improved and breathable indoor air.
Benefits of good IAQ:
- 1) Increased Employee Morale
- 2) Increased Productivity
- 3) Improved Comfort
- 4) Fewer Insurance Claims
- 5) Reduced Legal Claims